Patacancha Home Stay & Machu Picchu 4 Days Detail Itinerary Map Photos Tour Details Our Mantanay valley hike with the home stay at Patacancha community is a short camping hike in the Sacred Valley. The hike provides one night of camping by the beautiful lakes with the spectacular views of the surrounding mountain peaks, llama
- Amazing colors of mountains due to rich minerals and the amazing Rainbow Mountain
- Magnificent Mountain views of snow-capped mountains as well as wildlife in its natural habitat
- Quechua highland communities, Llama and alpaca herds and beautiful turquoise lakes
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel
- Transportation: Private transportation in our company van from Cusco to the starting point of the trek on Day 1, from the end of the trek to Cusco
- Accommodation: Double occupancy tents with Therm-a-rest sleeping
- Meals: 3 breakfast, 3 lunch, 3 dinners. We can also provide vegetarian meals and special diets such as Gluten free and dairy free. Just let us know when you are booking what your special diets needs are and we will make it work for you.
- Bio-degradable hand soaps
- Every morning and afternoon warm water to clean yourself up
- Entrance fees to the communities
- Professional trilingual local guide (English, Spanish and Quechua)
- Horsemen and horses to carry tents, food and cooking equipment
- Cooking equipment, dining tent, kitchen tent
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- Emergency horses in case someone needs help and is not able to continue walking
- Current passport is required. If your passport expired between booking and starting your tour, bring both the old and new passports!
- Short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts, fleece, lightweight pants
- Day pack to carry things that you will need during the hike
- Rain gear or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Hiking boots with ankle support
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries die faster in cold conditions)
- Hydrating face and body lotion
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Water bottles (Nalgene or metal ones are required)
- Toilet paper and tissues
Early morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 05:00am in our private transportation. We take a three hour drive through the beautiful countryside to the small Andean communities Tinqui(3900m/12795ft) where we will start our trek. Our first three hour hike to the lunch place will be gradual uphill. Along the route, we will pass by traditional farming communities, group of Alpacas, Llamas and have amazing views of the Ausangate Peak (6370m/20,898ft). We will continue hiking for another two hour to arrive to our camping site Upis hot spring (4240m/13,910ft).There are thermal springs at Upis, where we will have time to enjoy at the end of the trek.
Trekking distance: 13 km / 8.077 miles
Campsite altitude: 4240 m / 13,910 ft
After an early breakfast, we will continue with our second day of trekking with a climb to Arapa pass, at 4820m/15,813ft where we will have spectacular views of the surrounding area. After taking, some great photos we will descent for another 3 hours to reach our lunch spot, then it will take us two more hours to our second camp at Pukacocha (4300m/14,107ft) which is one of the most beautiful campsites close to Ausangate glacier and at bank of the lake.
Trekking distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
Campsite altitude: 4300 m / 14,107 ft.
Today we will follow the trail to another high mountain pass Pukacocha (4990m/16,371ft), enjoying majestic views of the Andes Mountains and depths of the beautiful valleys. On our way to the summit we will have spectacular views of entire way and the incredible views of Ausangate glacier (6370m/20,898ft), once we will reach the top we will be sitting right in from of Ausangate Mountain. After enjoying the beauty around you and taking some great pictures, we will start to descent through the green valley with alpacas and llamas grazing on the mountain site until to arrive at the camping site Anantapata at 4400m/14,435ft enjoy lunch and relax free afternoon to chill out in the tents.
Trekking distance: 12 km / 7.45 miles
Campsite altitude: 4400 m / 14,435 ft.
Early in the morning we will enjoy our breakfast at the Camp before setting out for our second day of our trek. We will start gradually ascent around one hour to the Warmisaya pass (5050m/16,568ft) from where we will have the first view of the amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance. Then we go down through the valley until to reach a beautiful lake and the final uphill to the Rainbow Mountain (5200m/17,060ft. Upon arrival at Rainbow Mountain, we will get to marvel at the multicolored strata that paint the mountain,red,yellow,ocher,gray and blue.
After enjoying views and taking pictures, we will head downhill to the community LLactu (4100m/13,451ft) where we will have our last lunch before taking our private transportation back to Cusco hotel.
Trekking distance: 11 km / 6.83 miles
Campsite altitude: 4100 m / 13,451ft
Ausangate & Rainbow Mountain Trek 7 Days Detail Itinerary Map Photos Detail Itinerary Map Photos Tour Details The Rainbow Mountain of Peru is surrounding the massive Ausangate Mountain (6370m/20898ft).It is an excellent trekking area offering the travelers a combination of spectacular mountain views of snow-capped peaks, herd of llamas, alpacas and Quechua farming weaving communities
Ausangate & Rainbow Mountain Trek 4 Days Detail Itinerary Map Photos Detail Itinerary Map Photos Tour Details The Rainbow Mountain of Peru is surrounding the massive Ausangate Mountain (6370m/20898ft).It is an excellent trekking area offering the travelers a combination of spectacular mountain views of snow-capped peaks, herd of llamas, alpacas and Quechua farming weaving communities