Patacancha Home Stay & Machu Picchu 4 Days Detail Itinerary Map Photos Pricing Tour Details Our Mantanay valley hike with the home stay at Patacancha community is a short camping hike in the Sacred Valley. The hike provides one night of camping by the beautiful lakes with the spectacular views of the surrounding mountain peaks,
- Amazing colors of mountains due to rich minerals and the amazing Rainbow Mountain
- Magnificent Mountain views of snow-capped mountains as well as wildlife in its natural habitat
- Quechua highland communities, Llama and alpaca herds and beautiful turquoise lakes
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel
- Transportation: Private transportation in our company van from Cusco to the starting point of the trek on Day 1, from the end of the trek to Cusco
- Accommodation: Double occupancy tents with Therm-a-rest sleeping
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners. We can also provide vegetarian meals and special diets such as gluten free and dairy free. Just let us know when you are booking what your special diets needs are and we will make it work for you
- Bio-degradable hand soaps
- Warm water to clean yourself every morning and afternoon
- Entrance fees to the communities
- Professional trilingual local guide (English, Spanish and Quechua)
- Horsemen and horses to carry tents, food and cooking equipment
- Cooking equipment, dining tent, kitchen tent
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- Emergency horses in case someone needs help and is not able to continue walking
- Current passport is required. If your passport expired between booking and starting your tour, bring both the old and new passports!
- Short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts, fleece, lightweight pants
- Day pack to carry things that you will need during the hike
- Rain gear or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Hiking boots with ankle support
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries die faster in cold conditions)
- Hydrating face and body lotion
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Water bottles (Nalgene or metal ones are required)
- Toilet paper and tissues
Early morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 05:00am in our private transportation. We take a three hour drive through the beautiful countryside to the small Andean communities Tinqui(3900m/12795ft) where we will start our trek. Our first three hour hike to the lunch place will be gradual uphill. Along the route, we will pass by traditional farming communities, group of Alpacas, Llamas and have amazing views of the Ausangate Peak (6370m/20,898ft). We will continue hiking for another two hour to arrive to our camping site Upis hot spring (4240m/13,910ft).There are thermal springs at Upis, where we will have time to enjoy at the end of the trek.
Trekking distance: 13 km / 8.077 miles
Campsite altitude: 4240 m / 13,910 ft
After an early breakfast, we will continue with our second day of trekking with a climb to Arapa pass, at 4820m/15,813ft where we will have spectacular views of the surrounding area. After taking, some great photos we will descent for another 3 hours to reach our lunch spot, then it will take us two more hours to our second camp at Pukacocha (4300m/14,107ft) which is one of the most beautiful campsites close to Ausangate glacier and at bank of the lake.
Trekking distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
Campsite altitude: 4300 m / 14,107 ft
Today we will follow the trail to another high mountain pass Pukacocha (4990m/16,371ft), enjoying majestic views of the Andes Mountains and depths of the beautiful valleys. On our way to the summit we will have spectacular views of entire way and the incredible views of Ausangate glacier (6370m/20,898ft), once we will reach the top we will be sitting right in from of Ausangate Mountain. After enjoying the beauty around you and taking some great pictures, we will start to descent through the green valley with alpacas and llamas grazing on the mountain site until to arrive at the lunch spot Anantapata at 4400m/14,435ft, enjoy lunch and rest. After lunch we will hike gradually up for one hour until we reach the Warmisaya pass (5050m/16,568ft), 30 minutes descent to the Yanacocha at 4450m/14,599ft where we will set up camp for the night.
Trekking distance: 16 km / 9.941 miles
Campsite altitude: 4450 m / 14,599
Early morning after an energetic breakfast, we will hike gradually up for one hour to the Rainbow Mountain (5200m/17,060ft) for the sunrise and enjoy without crowds as we will be the first one to arrive. After enjoying one of the most beautiful natural attractions in Peru, we will start to descend into the valley where we will rest and have lunch. Along the way we will see beautiful mountain scenery, herd of alpacas and snow-Capped peaks. After lunch we will start to climb for another 3 hours to Asangate cocha at 4300m/14,107 ft. our camp will be set up by the beautiful blue lake
Trekking distance: 15 km / 9.32 miles
Campsite altitude: 4300 m / 14,107 ft
We will wake you up early morning. After breakfast, we will start to climb for 3 hours to Palomani pass (5,300m/17,388ft) from the highest point we will enjoy all the peaks in Vilcanota mountain range. Descending alongside the glacier continue hike to the Huchuy Finaya Valley for lunch.Along the way we will see chinchillas, vicuñas ,alpacas and with luck condors circling over the head and then we will climb gradually up to arrive to the Camp Comercocha at 4400m/14,435ff where we will camp.
Trekking distance: 16 km / 9.94 miles
Campsite altitude: 4400 m / 14,435 ft
Early morning after breakfast we hike for one hour toward Pampacancha Valley where we will spot hundreds of alpacas And Llamas grazing. After passing through this valley we will start to climb for two hours to the highest point of the trek, Qampa pass (5380m/17,650ft) from this pass we have spectacular views of the snow-capped peaks. After having plenty of time to enjoy the surrounding mountains we will then start to descend through the Pacchanta valley until we arrive to the camping site at Pacchanta (4200m/13,779ft) our camp is close to the hot spring where we can enjoying with the view of Ausangate Mountain.
Trekking distance: 15km / 9.32 miles
Campsite altitude: 4200 m / 14,779 ft
Today after early morning breakfast we will start to hike for 4 hours toward the Tinki village (3650m/11,975ft).Along the way we will see some local people working in their farming land. After our delicious lunch at Tinki we will take our private transportation back to the hotel in Cusco.
Trekking distance: 8km / 5.59 miles
Campsite altitude: 3650 m / 11,975 ft
Ausangate & Rainbow Mountain Trek 7 Days Detail Itinerary Map Photos Detail Itinerary Map Photos Tour Details The Rainbow Mountain of Peru is surrounding the massive Ausangate Mountain (6370m/20898ft).It is an excellent trekking area offering the travelers a combination of spectacular mountain views of snow-capped peaks, herd of llamas, alpacas and Quechua farming weaving communities
Ausangate & Rainbow Mountain Trek 4 Days Detail Itinerary Map Photos Detail Itinerary Itinerary Map Photos Elemento de lista Tour Details The Rainbow Mountain of Peru is surrounding the massive Ausangate Mountain (6370m/20898ft).It is an excellent trekking area offering the travelers a combination of spectacular mountain views of snow-capped peaks, herd of llamas, alpacas and