- Amazing colors of mountains due to rich minerals
- Magnificent Mountain views, as well as wildlife in its natural habitat
- Quechua highland communities, Llama and alpaca herds
- This two day trek allows you to avoid most of the crowds
- Sleep relatively close by the Rainbow Mountain in the Confortable tent
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel
- Private transportation in our company van from Cusco to the starting point of the trek on Day 1, from the end of the trek to Cusco
- Accommodation: Double occupancy tents with Therm-a-rest sleeping
- Meals: 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner. We can also provide vegetarian meals and special diets such as Gluten free and dairy free. Just let us know when you are booking what your special diets needs are and we will make it work for you.
- Bio-degradable hand soaps
- Entrance fees to the communities
- Professional trilingual local guide (English, Spanish and Quechua)
- Horsemen and horses to carry tents, food and cooking equipment
- Cooking equipment, dining tent, kitchen tent
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- Emergency horses in case someone needs help and is not able to continue walking
- Current passport is required. If your passport expired between booking and starting your tour, bring both the old and new passports!
- Short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts, fleece, lightweight pants
- Day pack to carry things that you will need during the hike
- Rain gear or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Hiking boots with ankle support
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries die faster in cold conditions)
- Hydrating face and body lotion
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Water bottles (Nalgene or metal ones are required)
- Toilet paper and tissues
Early morning we will pick you up from your hotel at 05:00am in our private transportation, and then we will drive through the South Valley of Cusco. After three hour driving we will arrive to Chilca Community (4200m/13,779ft).Which will be our starting point of our hike. Here we will begin with the hike through the green valley full of alpacas grazing everywhere on the mountain site, on our way we will be able to appreciate the beautiful Ausangate Mountain (6370m/20,898ft) in the distance. After delicious lunch we will continue to our first camp Ananta (4400m/14,435ft) with the beautiful views of the landscapes surrounding and finally arriving to the camp at the end of our two hour trekking where we will settle into our tent for the night and take the moment to appreciate the beautiful clear sky of full of constellation.
Trekking distance: 12 km / 7.45 miles
Campsite altitude: 4400 m / 14,435ft
Early in the morning we will enjoy our breakfast at the Camp before setting out for our second day of our trek. We will start gradually ascent around one hour to the the Warmisaya pass (5050m/16,568ft) from where we will have the first view of the amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance. Then we go down through the valley until to reach a beautiful lake and the final uphill to the Rainbow Mountain (5200m/17,060ft. Upon arrival at Rainbow Mountain, we will get to marvel at the multicolored strata that paint the mountain,red,yellow,ocher,gray and blue.
After enjoying views and taking pictures, we will head downhill to the community LLactu (4100m/13,451ft) where we will have our last lunch before taking our private transportation back to Cusco hotel.
Trekking distance: 11 km / 6.83 miles
Campsite altitude: 4100 m / 13,451ft